World On Water Global Sailing News – February 8, 2019
Published on February 8th, 2019
This week’s “World on Water” global sailing news show produced by www.boatson.tv.
In this week’s “WoW TV”:
• Spindrift 2 damaged their starboard rudder and were forced to abandon their record attempt.
• The Dutch 36th America’s Cup Challenge syndicate released their video.
• The 470s in New Zealand held their Olympic Trials.
• US Sailing is in Miami.
• SailGP is testing on Sydney Harbour.
• In Perth it’s the Women On Water Regatta and in the Golden Globe Race, second placegetter Mark Slats describes how he was washed off his yacht in a gale in the Southern Indian Ocean and thankfully another huge wave washed him back on again. He now believes in prayer.