World On Water Global Sailing News – February 22, 2019
Published on February 22nd, 2019
This week’s “World on Water” global sailing news show produced by www.boatson.tv.
In this week’s “WoW TV”:
• Jeremie Boyeau rolls out his latest Charal Figaro Bénéteau 3 and it’s beautiful.
• All the 36th America’s Cup teams converged on Auckland to ETNZ’s Foil Arm Test Bed Working display unit.
• 2019 RORC Caribbean 600.
• We talk to Sir Russell Coutts and Team Japan Skipper Nathan Outteridge on the first SailGP Regatta in Sydney. Nathan also announced to us that he was looking at stepping down from Olympic competition.
• Day 4 of the Hong Kong Race Week and the wind was up and the locals were very happy to race.
• Simeon Tienpont of DutchSail America’s Cup Challenge made a pilgrimage to the RNZYS to eyeball the AC Trophy. He’s going to have to spend a lot of Euros to get that back to the lowlands.
• Glen Ashby of ETNZ explains the timeline behind the introduction of foiling into the America’s Cup.
• The Australian SailGP team led by Tom Slingsby wins the first regatta in Australia.