Top 10 Reasons To Go Weeknight Racing
Published on May 28th, 2019
by Adam Loory, UK Sailmakers
10. You can practice your tactics and maneuvers in a low-pressure environment.
9. You can bring along and train your B Team so they are ready to step-in when your weekend warriors can’t make it.
8. It forces you to get out of the office earlier than usual – bring a co-worker so they can finally appreciate and understand all those odd things they overhear you saying on the phone to crewmates.
7. It’s a great way to get your kids or other juniors out in big boats.
6. Chances are you’ll see a great sunset.
5. You can rotate your crew through different positions, which helps crewmembers understand maneuvers better.
4. You can sharpen your starting skills.
3. There often is a social element apres sailing.
2. You just can’t get enough time on the water.
And the #1 reason to do weeknight club racing:
1. They don’t call it “beer can racing” for nothing!