Australia wins Match Racing Worlds
Published on August 17th, 2019
Ekaterinburg, Russia (August 17, 2019) – The final day of the Youth Match Racing World Championship failed to complete any racing due to a lack of wind on Verkh-Isetsky pond.
With the second of the double round robin series incomplete, the Race Committee ranked the participants according to the results in the races held.
Australian Tom Grimes (above) takes the title having led the 12 teams throughout the series held August 13-17 in the Ricochet 747.
1. Tom Grimes, Cruising Yacht Club of Australia Team (AUS)
2. Nick Egnot-Johnson, Royal New Zealand Yacht Squadron / Team KNOTS (NZL)
3. Jeppe Borch, Borch Racing Team (DEN)
4. Igor Tarasiuk, HRM Racing Youth Team (POL)
5. Jack Parkin, Riverside Yacht Club, Stanford Sailing Team (USA)
6. Matt Whitfield, Penarth YC / Dragon Racing Team (GBR)
7. Rocco Attili, RBYS Racing Team (ITA)
8. Aurélien Pierroz, Société des Régates du Havre Team (FRA)
9. Måns Holmberg, Holmberg Racing Team (SWE)
10. Mark Abdrakipov, MyWind Team (RUS)
11. Jakub Halouzka, Team CZE Zdenek Dybal (CZE)
12. Kodai Mutsuda, Kobe University Team (JPN)
Source: Natalya Saltanova