Windsurfing tests planned for Paris 2024
Published on August 17th, 2019
In a review of the equipment for the Men’s and Women’s Windsurfer events to be held at the Paris 2024 Olympics, World Sailing has shortlisted five tenders to attend the sea trials from September 29 to October 3, 2019. Circolo Surf Torbole (above) will host the sea trials following the RS:X World Championships on Lake Garda, Italy.
World Sailing received seven applications from class associations and manufacturers wishing to participate in the sea trials. After the Paris 2024 Windsurfer Evaluation Working Party analyzed the supplied information against the criteria outlined in the invitation to tender, the shortlisted tenders are:
• RS:X, Neil Pryde – Non foiling one design
• Glide, Glide Class – Non foiling one design
• iFoil, Starboard – Foiling (convertible) one design
• Formula Foil Limited, International Formula Windsurfing Class – Open Registered Series Production scheme – foiling
• Windfoil 1, Founding industry partners: Starboard, Severne, Phantom International – One design for the board – Open Registered Series Production scheme rest of equipment – foiling
The two applications that did not meet the requirements were the Windsurfer and Bow-4Z.
World Sailing’s Member National Authorities (MNA) are now invited to nominate their top two male and top two female windsurfers from which World Sailing’s Paris 2024 Windsurfer Evaluation Working Party will select from.
MNAs wishing to send windsurfers must contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the nomination form which must be received no later than August 31, 2019.
Source: World Sailing