World Sailing Election Committee Candidates
Published on August 25th, 2019
World Sailing is seeking candidates to appoint to its Election Committee in preparation for the 2020 General Assembly to be held in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
The role of the Election Committee is to:
– determine whether or not nominated candidates are eligible for election;
– oversee the publication of a list of eligible candidates nominated in accordance with Article 74 together with the names of their nominating Member National Authorities;
– be responsible for the conduct of the election and the votes taken for the candidates during the meeting of the General Assembly; and
– undertake any additional responsibilities under the World Sailing Regulations and candidature requirements.
The Election Committee will be appointed by the 2019 World Sailing Annual General Meeting at its meeting in early November 2019 on the recommendation of the World Sailing Board.
Members of the Committee will be expected to meet electronically and by conference call throughout 2020 and will then attend in person at the World Sailing General Assembly to be held in Abu Dhabi, UAE between October 28 and November 1, 2020. World Sailing will cover all travel, accommodation and subsistence for the duration of the General Assembly but there is no additional remuneration for the role.
The Board intends to appoint a 3-person Election Committee of which 2 members (including the Chair) will be independent of World Sailing (i.e. not a World Sailing director, officer, employee, Council, committee or commission member).
– A person of impeccable integrity.
– Significant governance experience including experience in administering election or similar processes.
– Significant sports experience, either as a competitor, support team, official, or an administrator.
– Fluency in written and spoken English.
How to Apply
Applications to firstname.lastname@example.org must be received by close of business on September 16, 2019 and must include the following:
– A full Curriculum Vitae.
– Confidential contact details including address (work and home), telephone numbers (including mobile) and confidential email address.
– Referees: full contact details of three referees. Please note that referees will only be contacted after prior consultation with you. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that referees are willing to provide a reference when contacted by any member of the selection team.