Could this championship beat COVID-19?
Published on July 20th, 2020
In a year when every major championship in North America has been cancelled due to COVID-19, there remains one bucking the trend in Columbia, South Carolina. And the organizers at
Columbia Sailing Club (CSC) could pull it off as they prepare to host the 2020 Sunfish Women’s North American Championship.
Here are the details:
• Held September 25-27 on Lake Murray.
• Registration must be completed online: https://www.regattanetwork.com/event/20572.
• Registration fee includes a regatta T-shirt, Friday dinner, Saturday dinner, breakfast and lunch on racing days. Meals will be “take-away” style to ensure the safety of our competitors and volunteers during the COVID-19 pandemic.
• The top US finisher in this regatta will qualify for the 2021 International Sunfish Class Association (ISCA) World Championship.
• The regatta organizing committee will make every effort to have loaner boats available for racing on a first-come first-serve basis. If you need a boat, register early and reach out to Walter Everett, (843) 269-6832, email@example.com or Rich Horton, (803) 315-6666, firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible upon payment of the registration fee.
• Columbia Sailing Club will have in place safety protocols per CDC, State of South Carolina, and local recommendations during this event such as social distancing, frequent hand washing, and the use of a face mask, especially on land.