Entry open for 2023 photo contest
Published on June 22nd, 2023
The 14th edition of the Mirabaud Yacht Racing Image is open for professional photographers to submit their best image taken between October 10, 2022 and October 8, 2023.
The subject of the contest is boat racing in all its forms, from classic yachts to top-end racers, including multihulls, dinghies, windsurf, and kitesurfing. The pictures submitted must reflect the spirit of yacht racing, and may have been taken at any time – before, during, and after competition.
Photos that do not relate with racing will not be accepted, and only photos that have not yet been submitted for the Mirabaud Yacht Racing Image award will be accepted.
The 80 best images selected by the international jury will be published on the event website on October 13, allowing the public to vote for the Public Award. The top 20 images will be exhibited during the 2023 World Sailing Annual Conference on November 13-18, as well as at 2023 METSTRADE Amsterdam on November 15-17. Delegates from both events will be asked to vote for the Delegates Award.
Of the 20 images, the international jury will then select the 2023 Mirabaud Yacht Racing Image award, and all winners will be celebrated in public during METSTRADE in Amsterdam on November 16, 2023.
• The winner of the Mirabaud Yacht Racing Image award will receive € 1000 prize money
• The winner of the Delegates Award will receive € 500 prize money
• The winner of the Public Award will receive € 500 prize money
2023 International Jury
• Nicolas Mirabaud, Managing Partner, Mirabaud Bank (SUI)
• Tatiana Pokorny, Journalist, German News Agency & Yacht (GER)
• Alexandra Rickham, Head of Sustainability, World Sailing (GBR)
• Scott Dougal, Director of Communications and Digital, World Sailing (GBR)
• Nico Martinez, photographer, winner of MYRI 2022 (ESP)
• Laurène Coroller, journalist, Voiles & Voiliers (FRA)