World on Water Global Sailing News – November 3, 2017
Published on November 3rd, 2017
This week’s “World on Water” global sailing news show produced by www.boatson.tv.
In this week’s “WoW TV”:
• 2017-18 Volvo Ocean Race David Witt at the helm on Team Sun Hung Kai Scallywag is startled as the pin in the head-sail fitting explodes and the sail falls in the water (listen for his description of this). All hands on deck and the sail is set again very quickly.
• Scallywag “on the bricks” at the finish in Lisbon and how they get off with an anchor and lifejackets. A typical Sydney Harbour 18 Footer Sailor’s ingenuity.
• Scallywag disaster #3, Navigator Steve Hayles is “decked” by the boom and a doctor is ordered. But he’s a tough Brit!
• Vestas has emergency as the water ballast empties into the boat’s bilge.
• VOR epic Leg 1 wrap. All the action on the way to Lisbon.
• 8th Catamarans Cup International 2017 and it was fun galore.
• World Match Race Championships Shenzhen, China.
• Clipper Round The World Race, Race 2 wrap Brazil-South Africa.
• Shanghai Cup final day Nacra 17’s