World on Water Global Sailing News – November 10, 2017
Published on November 10th, 2017
This week’s “World on Water” global sailing news show produced by www.boatson.tv.
In this week’s “WoW TV”:
• Liz Wardley has accident on Turn The Tide On Plastic but it ends up well
• Lisbon VOR In-Port Race
• Winning Vendee Globe solo sailor Francois Gabart embarks on another round-the-world speed record attempt in his max-tri MACIF. At the time of editing this weeks’ WoW he is above record time but he has a long way to go
• Sun Hung Kai Scallywags’ Skipper Aussie 18 Foot sailor David Witt gives his take on tactics for Leg 2 of the VOR and nobody could beat this
• VOR Leg 2 start Lisbon-Cape Town and the wind has arrived. Big Water!
• Gitana Racings’ Foiling Tri Edmund De Rothschild readies for the Transat. A “Flying Boat”
• Sir Robin Knox-Johnston Founder of the Clipper Race taks about the grounding of their yacht Greenings in Cape Town. All crew are safe.
• Dutch Boat Builer Royal Huisman has a launch party for #399 Maxi Yacht Aquarius. The boat is huge and beautiful
• After a dramatic start to the VOR by AkzoNobel Aussie Chris Nicholson a VOR specialist joins the crew for Leg 2 to Cape Town
• Dee Caffaris’ crew have a dramatic start to the Leg 2 in Lisbon. Great action and pictures