World on Water Global Sailing News – April 6, 2018
Published on April 6th, 2018
This week’s “World on Water” global sailing news show produced by www.boatson.tv.
In this week’s “WoW TV”:
• There were a lot of wrecked boats in the end phase of Leg 7 of the Volvo Ocean Race. The most dramatic was Vestas which was dismasted but leader MAPFRE had troubles too with its main track on the mast which came apart and the mainsail which tore from luff to leach. Also, AkzoNobel has hull damage at the keel and water is rushing into the boat. Meantime the only two boats not retired or damaged- Brunel and Dongfeng – headed to the finishing line at Itajai, Beazil.
• BVI Spring Regatta
• 36th Americas Cup protocol announced
• Sailing’s’ largest single class regatta was on Lake Garda as the Easter Optis got together
• The Nations Trophy Swan One Design Mediterranean League
• Volvo Leg 7 finish
• Scallywag is back in the game as a delivery crew is taking the boat from Chile to Itajai in Brazil in readiness for the start of Leg 8 to Newport Rhode Island USA.