World On Water Global Sailing News – September 28, 2018
Published on September 28th, 2018
This week’s “World on Water” global sailing news show produced by www.boatson.tv.
In this week’s “WoW TV”:
• Le Defi Azumiut is a short race down the coast of France but it attracts the world’s fast monohulls – the latest versions of the foiling IMOCA 60s. This is a “must-see” as it is won by Vincent Riou in PRB who hit 29.5 knots and more. See this fantastic English translated report.
• Meanwhile in the Golden Globe Round The World Race, two sailors have been dismasted in the Southern Indian Ocean with one badly injured. The Australian Rescue Centre co-ordinated their double rescue 1,900 miles from Perth. Don McIntyre Race Founder explains all.
• The wrap report of last week’s TP 52 Super Series in Valencia, Spain – the home of the paella.
• The Maxi Yacht Rolex Cup just finished at the Yacht Club Costa Smeralda and we have the series report.
• During the recent Volvo Ocean Race, yachts dropped ocean wellness probes into the oceans they were sailing on. The results are staggering. Here are the answers to how well they are and the answers are not good. Let’s change our plastic use habits. This is a wake up call for us all.
• We are following the progress of the Sung Hung Kai/Scallywag team and in particular their 100 Foot Maxi which will face four others in the 2018 Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race.