World On Water Global Sailing News – March 1, 2019
Published on March 1st, 2019
This week’s “World on Water” global sailing news show produced by www.boatson.tv.
In this week’s “WoW TV”:
• Giovanni Soldini’s Maserati wins the multihull Caribbean 600 race around the Caribbean, but not by much.
• Argo and Maserati were training for the Caribbean 600 when the former, a US based MOD70 with an all-star crew, got caught by a gust and quickly capsized.
• The finish of the Caribbean 600 in Antigua. The big winners are David and Peter Askew’s Volvo 70 team racing Wizard (USA) that claimed the RORC Caribbean 600 Trophy for the best corrected time under IRC.
• Emirates Team New Zealand shows the test rig for the AC 75 Double Mainsail Rig – two mainsails and two booms.
• Sun Hung Kai/Scallywag 100 has made the long trip by ship from Sydney to Charleston (USA) to be readied for the sailing schedule starting in the Caribbean.
• Interview of two of the world’s best multihull sailors: Brian Thomson (GBR) and French Superstar Francois Gabart.
• New Zealand MACH 2 Week in Bay of Islands.
• Suellen Davies of “Live Sail Die” gets back on Randy as she gives him a WASZP foiler and sends him out to eat his words. Moral? Don’t egg your sailors on if you can’t do it yourself.