Qualifying continues at Youth Match Racing Worlds
Published on August 14th, 2019
Ekaterinburg, Russia (August 14, 2019) – The second day of the Youth Match Racing World Championship completed the first round of the double round robin series, with the Australian team led by Tom Grimes remaining in first place.
“Today we had a lot of different kinds of winds and also rain,” reports Flavio Naveira (ARG), Chief umpire. “The competitors showed a lot of improvement compared to yesterday when it was the first day. Today we finished the first Round Robin and started the second Round Robin. If we have wind, we will continue tomorrow the second Round Robin. As to the organization – there were the usual things that happen like collisions, damages, but everything was solved quite fast.”
The Race committee managed to complete two flights in the second round robin. The crews of Australia, New Zealand, and USA strengthened their positions, adding two more wins to their score. After the completion of the double round robin series, the top teams will advance to the knockout rounds for semi-final, petit-final, and final matches.
First Round Robin Results – Final:
1. Tom Grimes, Cruising Yacht Club of Australia Team (AUS) – 10 wins of 11 races
2. Jeppe Borch, Borch Racing Team (DEN) – 8 of 11
3. Nick Egnot-Johnson, Royal New Zealand Yacht Squadron / Team KNOTS (NZL) – 8 of 11
4. Igor Tarasiuk, HRM Racing Youth Team (POL) – 8 of 11
5. Jack Parkin, Riverside Yacht Club, Stanford Sailing Team (USA) – 7 of 11
6. Matt Whitfield, Penarth YC / Dragon Racing Team (GBR) – 7 of 11
7. Rocco Attili, RBYS Racing Team (ITA) – 5 of 11
8. Aurelien Pierroz, Société des Régates du Havre Team (FRA) – 5 of 11
9. Måns Holmberg, Holmberg Racing Team (SWE) – 4 of 11
10. Mark Abdrakipov, MyWind Team (RUS) – 3 of 11
11. Jakub Halouzka, Team CZE Zdenek Dybal (CZE) – 1 of 11
12. Kodai Mutsuda, Kobe University Team (JPN) – 0 of 11
Racing will be held August 13-17 in the Ricochet 747.
Event details: http://2019ymrwc.komatek-club.ru/
Source: Natalya Saltanova