World On Water Global Sailing News – November 15, 2019
Published on November 15th, 2019
This week’s “World on Water” global sailing news show produced by www.boatson.tv.
In this week’s “WoW TV”:
• On November 8, off the coast of Sydney, the super maxi Wild Oats XI had its carbon fibre mast explode. The crew battled to control the yacht at 32 knots, and after an hour they got the mainsail down and the boat under control and headed to the nearest port of Newcastle. Here they lifted the mast from the boat and strapping it down for the motor home to Sydney. Now the battle is to get the winning yacht to the starting line of the 2019 Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race. We have the Skipper Mark Richards to share what happened that night on the yacht and how they kept the mast from breaking.
• Alex Thomson on the IMOCA 60 Hugo Boss.
• The Multi50s finish the Transat Jacques Vabre.
• IMOCA 60 APIVIA leads their fleet in the Transat Jacques Vabre.
• Edmund de Rothschild has a pitstop in Rio during the Brest Atlantiques.
• Alinghi wins the 2019 GC32 Racing Tour.
• The Clipper fleet are celebrating in Brazil.