SAIL’s 2020 Best Boats Awards
Published on December 5th, 2019
Eleven of the nominees for SAIL Magazine’s 2020 Best Boats Awards have been advanced as winners for this annual recognition.
“Once again, the boatbuilding industry has shown how it never seems to run out of fresh ideas—something that is clearly evident in SAIL’s Best Boats contest,” says SAIL’s executive editor Adam Cort, who was joined in judging by associate editor Lydia Mullan, cruising editor Charles J. Doane, charter editor Zuzana Prochazka, veteran boat-reviewer Tom Dove and SAIL’s contributing editor Tom Hale.
The winners of SAIL’s 2020 Best Boats Awards:
• Best Large Monohull 51ft and above: Catalina 545
• Best Large Multihull 51ft and above: Eagle Class 53
• Best Monohull Cruising Boat 41 to 50ft: Amel 50
• Best Multihull Cruising Boat 41 to 50ft: Fountaine Pajot Elba 45
• Best Multihull Cruising Boat Under 40ft: Excess 12
• Best Performance Boat over 31ft: J/99
• Best Performance Boat under 30ft: F101
• Best Small Cruiser: Beneteau Oceanis 30.1
• Best Daysailer: Cape Cod
• Best Systems: Catalina 545
• Honorable Mention: Tiwal 2
For additional information… click here.