World On Water Global Sailing News – December 13, 2019
Published on December 13th, 2019
This week’s “World on Water” global sailing news show produced by www.boatson.tv.
In this week’s “WoW TV”:
• How local bushfire smoke forced the cancellation of the CYCA’s Grinders Coffee SOLAS Big Boat Challenge Race on Sydney Harbour. Yes, the smoke was so bad over 100 false alarms were called as smoke penetrated office blocks and set of their smoke alarms.
• Ian Percy comes from behind and wins the Star Sailor’s League Final.
• More than 20 of Australia’s most famous classic yachts contested the Sydney Hobart Classic Yacht Regatta.
• Richard Palmer’s British Jangada was presented with the RORC Transatlantic Trophy in Grenada at a ceremony and prize giving. He was racing Two Handed with Jeremy Waitt.
• We talk to author Rob Mundle who has written the book on the 75 years of the Sydney Hobart Yacht Race. He has a great number of the best stories.