US Sailing honors association award winners
Published on February 6th, 2020
San Diego, CA (February 6, 2020) – The annual US Sailing Association Award winners were celebrated this evening aboard the USS Midway in San Diego at the US Sailing Awards Night Celebration. Award winners were honored for their contributions to the sport of sailing in the United States. To celebrate the accomplishments of these individuals and organizations, US Sailing recognized them as part of the 2020 Sailing Leadership Forum in San Diego this week.
US Sailing Association Award winners:
• Dave Perry (Southport, Conn.) received the prestigious Nathanael G. Herreshoff Trophy for his extraordinary contributions to the sport of sailing.
• Kevin Broome (Rye, N.Y.) received the Timothea Larr Award for outstanding contributions to the advancement of sailor education in the United States.
• Dick Rose (Seattle, Wash.) was awarded the Harman Hawkins Trophy for contributions to race administration.
• Ida Lewis Yacht Club (Newport, R.I.) received the St. Petersburg Yacht Club Trophy for their excellent planning and ex•
ecution of the International 12 Metre Association 2019 World Championships.
• Spencer Raggio (Malta, N.Y.) received the Gay S. Lynn Memorial Trophy for outstanding contributions to sailors with disabilities and to adaptive sailing.
• Chesapeake Region Accessible Boating (CRAB) received the Robie Pierce Award for outstanding adaptive programming.
• Mary Von Conta (Southport, Conn.) received the Virginia Long Sail Training Service & Support Award.
Also named were the 2019 Rolex Yachtsman and Yachtswoman of the Year award winners: details.
To learn more about the awards, click here.