World On Water Global Sailing News – April 3, 2020
Published on April 3rd, 2020
This week’s “World on Water” global sailing news show produced by www.boatson.tv.
In this week’s “WoW TV”:
• On March 20 in Antigua there was a “Port/Starboard” incident involving J Class yachts Svea and Topaz. Crew were injured but not life threatening. One sailor had four broken ribs. We slow down the video of the incident and it is a chilling, confronting scene.
• It also is the second anniversary of the losing of our friend John (Fish) Fisher from the Sun Hung Kai/Scallywag Volvo 65 in the 2017-18 Volvo Ocean Race.
• We have the official boat story of their VOR and their tribute to Fish released last week. We dedicate this show to his memory… he is much missed by all.
• Hugo “The Sailing Frenchman” is in the Philippines to look after the 11 yachts of the Clipper Race after it was necessary to postpone due to the coronavirus, with the race to continue in 10 months.
• Part 2 “The Race” follows our Part 1 from last week. RORC Caribbean 600 2020.