World On Water Global Sailing News – November 9, 2018
Published on November 9th, 2018
This week’s “World on Water” global sailing news show produced by www.boatson.tv.
In this week’s “WoW TV”:
• The Route du Rhum started in Saint Marlo, France on November 4 and we have the reports on the start and then the next 48 hours when all hell broke lose and 34 yachts we effected in the ways of capsizes, dismasting, structure failure, electrical faults and more. The Bay of Biscay has bitten the fleet once again.
• America’s Cup Skippers’ Q&As.
• The Finn Class, which was struggling to remain in the Olympics for Paris 2024, lost its chance when the new One Person Mixed Dinghy was replaced at the 2018 World Sailing Annual Conference in favor of a Mixed Two Person Offshore Keelboat event. The leader of the Finn Class sent this letter which we feature along with a great Finn video.
• The IMOCA Class, which is the “hot” class, shows its future events.
• The Emirates Team New Zealand crews are trialing for the A Class Cat World Championship.
• Samantha Davies crashing along in her boat as the hull is suspect.