World On Water Global Sailing News – November 16, 2018
Published on November 16th, 2018
This week’s “World on Water” global sailing news show produced by www.boatson.tv.
In this week’s “WoW TV”:
• American Magic the NYYC 36th america’s Cup Challenger trotted out its “Mule”, a highly modified Australian MC 38.
• Francis Joyon beats Francois Gabart over the finishing line of the Route du Rhum by 7 minutes and 8 seconds. Little did we know that MACIF was damaged during the huge storm in the Bay of Biscay just after the race started.
• 2018 Asian Optimist Championship.
• MC 38 Act 5 on Pittwater hosted by the Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club.
• Alex Thompson leads the IMOCA 60 Class in the Route du Rhum and he’s not getting a lot of sleep.
• Boris Herrman’s Malizia Yacht Club Moinaco is also a foiling IMOCA 60.
• We profile Superfoiler skipper and Silver Olympic Medal winner Olivia Price.
• We wrap with the Rolex Middle Sea Race in Malta.