World On Water Global Sailing News – November 23, 2018
Published on November 23rd, 2018
This week’s “World on Water” global sailing news show produced by www.boatson.tv.
In this week’s “WoW TV”:
• Alex thompson (GBR) led the Route du Rhum IMOCA 60 fleet to within sight of the finish when he went to sleep and failed to wake up before his boat hit the rocks of Guadalupe. Result? A 24 hour penalty and loss of winning trophy.
• A Class Cats are having their World Championships in Australia and the ETNZ boys Glenn, Peter, and Blair are foiling the party.
• RC 44 are for their final event of 2018 in Cascais, Portugal.
• Star Sailors League Final explained.
• Optis, Olympic Trials regatta in China.
• Catamaran Cup wrap in Greece where to win you have to be in a real “Cooking Contest”.
• SHKScallywags are in Malaysia heading for the Kings Cup in Thailand in the 60 Foot Trimaran.
• SailGP teams are in a simulator trying out their best moves reading for first event in Sydney in February.