World On Water Global Sailing News – August 16, 2019
Published on August 16th, 2019
This week’s “World on Water” global sailing news show produced by www.boatson.tv.
In this week’s “WoW TV”:
• Alex Thomson Racing launch their brand new IMOCA 60 Hugo Boss built by Brit Jason Carrington (who also built Niklas Zennstrom’s Fast 40+) and it looks like a WEAPON!
• The 470 Worlds ends with Britain and Australia as the big winners in Japan.
• The WoW had action cameras on-board three of the top IRC boats at Airlie Beach Race Week.
• Wizard wins the Rolex Fastnet Race.
• The inaugural Lendlease RQYS Brisbane to Hamilton Island Race was run in a big Southerly weather pattern and it was fast for line honours winner Beau Geste, Karl Kwok’s MOD70. The winner was Ichi Ban saied by Matt Allen. We talk to Hamilton Island’s GM Glenn Bourke and Adrienne Cahalan, Skipper and Navigator of Wild Oats X, and Gavin Brady, Skipper of Beau Geste.
• Line honours runner-up in the recent Rolex Fastnet Race – Sun Hung Kai/Scallywag heli footage.