World On Water Global Sailing News – August 23, 2019
Published on August 23rd, 2019
This week’s “World on Water” global sailing news show produced by www.boatson.tv.
In this week’s “WoW TV”:
• Hamilton Island Race Week in the Whitsundays on Queensland Great Barrier Reef.
Day 1 in light winds, with cameras on the Kark Kwok MOD 70 Beau Geste.
• For the first time in sailing’s Olympic history, a Mixed Two Person Offshore Keelboat event will be on the program at the Paris 2024 Olympic Sailing Competition.
• The Mixed Two Person Offshore Keelboat will join kiteboarding, windsurfing, multihulls, singlehanded and doublehanded dinghies and skiffs, promoting the diversity of the sport. This in turn will support World Sailing’s desire to promote and grow universality in all disciplines and increase female participation with gender equal medals and athletes.
• The Australian Sailing Olympic hopefuls were out in force at Enoshima, Japan with Performance Coach Iain Murray.
• Cowes Week action and the winners of the series.
• Day 2 in Japan for the Finns, Giles Scott is working hard around the top of the leaderboard.
• The Royal Sydney Yacht Squadron team wins the St Moritz Sailors League for the first time.