I-420 Class World Championship
Published on July 11th, 2019
Two hundred twenty-eight teams gathered July 6-11 to determine the 2019 International 420 Class World Champions in Vilamoura, Portugal.
Ten races were contested to crown four new champions – Martin Wizner/Pedro Ameneiro (ESP) in the Open, Vita Heathcote/Milly Boyle (GBR) in the Women, Odysseas Spanakis/Konstaninos Michalopoulos (GRE) in the U17 Open, and Neus Ballester/Andrea Perello (ESP) in the U17 Women.
Fourteen boats comprised Team USA amid a competition that attracted 24 countries and 5 continents.
Team USA Final Results:
U17 Women’s Gold
2. Vanessa Lahrkamp/Katherine McNamara
U17 Men’s Gold
17. Ben Honig/Connor Fischetti
22. Declan Quirke/Cole Woodworth
U17 Men’s Silver
6. Wyatt Bischoff/Connor Robinson
6. Maddie Hawkins/Yumi Yoshiyasu
15. Hannah Freeman/Francesca Edmands
26. Dana Haig/Emily Haig
31. Torrey Chisari/Sofia Segalla
7. Maddie Rice/Chloe Hudgins
16. Jackie Quirke/Gwen Donahue
17. Chloe Holder/Cali Salinas
10. Will Michels/Louis La Fontisee IV
4. Peter Foley/Antonio Miranda
17. Micky Munns/Nicky Abate