World On Water Global Sailing News – July 12, 2019
Published on July 12th, 2019
This week’s “World on Water” global sailing news show produced by www.boatson.tv.
In this week’s “WoW TV”:
• A comparison of the Volvo 65 and the IMOCA 60, the two boats contesting the 2021-22 The Ocean Race.
• The 2019 Transatlantic Race start in Newport, USA.
• Australia’s reigning Olympic Laser champion Tom Burton won the Laser Worlds in Japan while Matt Wearn’s sterling performance in the final two races earned the West Australian second overall; a satisfying result for Australia and the Australian Sailing Team looking toward the Tokyo 2020 Olympics.
• Team Oman Air on the five event GC32 Racing Tour.
• Matt Wearne (AUS) takes Silver in the 2019 Laser World Championship.
• Day 3 finals of the Hobie 16 Asian Championships in China.
• Torvar Mirsky (AUS) is the first invitee to the Star Sailors League Final later this year.