World On Water Global Sailing News – July 26, 2019
Published on July 26th, 2019
This week’s “World on Water” global sailing news show produced by www.boatson.tv.
In this week’s “WoW TV”:
• Preview of the Noakes Sydney-Gold Coast Race.
• Sun Hung Kai/Scallywag had a tight tussle with ex Volvo and Rolex Sydney Hobart Race winner Wizard to be first home in the NYYC Transatlantic Race.
• Argo is the first multihull home in the 50th running of the TransPac Race. Brian Thompson is interviewed.
• Comanche is the first monohull the Transpac Race and we hear from owner Jim Cooney and navigator Stan Honey.
• Photographer George Bekris was in Newport for the 12 Metre Worlds and shares fabulous photos of the yachts. Our host Rob Brown was the Sail Trimmer on AUSTRALIA II in 1983 when they took the trophy from Dennis Connor on “LIBERTY” and got a little choked up when these pics came in.
• Day 3 of the Hempel Youth Sailing World Championships in Poland.
• Finn U23 World Championship Silver Cup in Italy.
• Will Cooley and Rebecca Hankock (AUS) are the Nacra 15 World Champions. We talk to them.